Tuesday 25 January 2011

Getting CRB checked

At Socialstock we are always asked about getting CRB checks from our photographers. At present we are looking into this so that the process can be made easier. 

Below is a piece from one of our photographers, Kitty who managed to do this through the social services department of a local borough council. It should be noted that Kitty has been employed by the local borough so the process was made a little easier.

Despite this I think there is some important pointers that may help anyone else who is looking to get CRB checked.

If anyone has had problems or found the process easy to  obtain a CRB please leave your comments below.

Nick Fallowfield-Cooper - Picture Editor


'I had to have a CRB check because I was working part-time with a vulnerable young adult.  The Social Services department of the borough in which I was working gave me the application form. After I had completed it I had to show them proof of my ID, which they photocopied and sent off with my application. (Passport, Birth Certificate, driving license, current utility bill.)  Because the CRB check was a prerequisite for my employment, they paid for it to be carried out.

The Criminal Records Bureau check is called a 'Disclosure', and is confidential.  My details were checked against Police Records and ISA Vulnerable Adults Barred List information. The process took around 2 months.  The Disclosure is therefore an indication of trustworthyness'.

For more information their web address is www.crb.gov.uk

Kitty

No comments:

Post a Comment