Thursday 7 June 2012

Ramon Andreas and Londoner's photography competition







Ramon Andreas, one of our photographers has recently made it to the final 25 in the Londoner's photography competition, here Ramon explain how he shot it.



'I am lucky enough to live near Richmond Park where I often go walking but had wanted for some time to return before dawn with my camera to see what images I could capture.  After many date changes due to bad weather or other commitments, a date was finally set and I agreed to meet my friend, Martin, at Richmond Park.  When the day arrived, one very cold and frosty December morning in 2011, it was still pitch black outside when I left the house bundled up in several layers of warm clothing and armed with a flask of hot coffee as well as my camera equipment!  I met Martin, a talented landscape photographer, in Richmond and carrying our cameras and tripods we soon set to task.  After spending some time photographing the river as the sun was rising, I noticed that the early morning light had lit up a large tree to my left so that it glowed a magnificent orange. I have always been interested in urban landscapes so I thought that the tree contrasted against the grey building blocks in the background and the frosted grass in the foreground would make an interesting image. I took a few shots and in the last one I decided to include the empty bench to give a sense of solitude to the photograph. After an hour traisping around Richmond Park taking more pictures, we were both happy with the photographs we had taken and decided to call it a day and headed to a nearby cafĂ© to warm ourselves up.  Although waking up early on a cold winter’s morning and leaving behind a warm bed can be hard, it was definitely worth it to enjoy the peace and solitude of Richmond Park at dawn and the opportunity to capture some beautiful images as the sun went up.'


See here for more information about the World Photography Organisation.

No comments:

Post a Comment